Set a goal to increase your school’s FAFSA/ORSAA completion rates by at least 5% and host completion events to help students and families fill out financial aid forms.
Why should my school participate?
Research shows that when students apply for financial aid, they’re more likely to enroll in college.
From October 1 to June 1, the FAFSA/ORSAA Challenge is Oregon’s official campaign to increase the number of students who submit their financial aid applications.
Participating schools get:
- Combined FAFSA/ORSAA completion rates
- Free bilingual posters to encourage FAFSA/ORSAA completion and track progress
- Technical assistance and monthly newsletters with planning resources
Help us reach our goal.
How does it work?
Every participating high school sets a goal to increase the class of 2020’s FAFSA and ORSAA completion rates by at least 5% over last year:
- Find your class of 2019 FAFSA/ORSAA completion rates
- Host activities and events to help students (and their families) complete the appropriate financial aid application
- Celebrate your progress – and share on social media using #seizetheopportunity
- Cheer on Oregon schools as we help more students pay for college!
Who is participating?
More than 130 high schools across the state have accepted the Challenge to increase the class of 2020's FAFSA/ORSAA completion rate by at least 5%!